- New Governments: Powerful decisions related to each of the special government types of the Middle East, including unique mechanics for the Egyptian Mamluk Government, Persian Theocracy, Tribal Federations, and the heirs to Timur.
- Trade Policies: Activate your merchants in trade nodes for special missions – promote profiteering, espionage, military, diplomacy, and religion propagation.
- Islamic Schools: The wide range of Muslim disciplines offer unique perks to their disciples and transforms international relations across the Middle East.
- Army Professionalism: Drill and discipline your armies as you move from the age of mercenary captains to the mass levies of standing armies.
- Exploit Development: Reduce the strength of your provinces for a quick influx of cash or manpower, stripping your nation's future for immediate gain.
- Iqta Taxes: Muslim governments can impose new taxes every 20 years for special bonuses.
- And more: Changes to national ideas, missionary actions, Turkish Janissaries and many other game mechanics.
- 5 new trade goods: Livestock, Incense, Glass, Paper, and Gems.
- Reworked map setup in the middle-east.
- Addition of religion and culture to the courtroom (for ruler, heir, consort, and advisors).
- New ideas.
- 2 new buildings.
- Forum: Cradle of Civilization Expansion for EU4 Focuses on Muslim Empires, 2017-10-03
- Forum: Cradle of Civilization Feature Breakdown, 2017-10-24