Third Rome is the 2nd immersion pack for EU4. It was announced on 2017-05-12. It was released on 2017-06-14, coinciding with patch 1.22.
- Tsardoms and Principalities: New ranks of Russian government with new abilities and, for Tsars, strong bonuses including the right to claim entire states.
- Iconography: Commission great religious icons for the Orthodox church, boosting your empire’s power depending on the saint you choose to revere.
- Metropolitans: Consecrate highly developed provinces with Metropolitans, adding to the authority of the Orthodox church, but for a cost.
- Streltsy: Special Russian soldiers that excel in combat, but raise the cost of stabilizing your empire.
- Siberian Frontier: Russian nations can slowly colonize uninhabited border regions, with no fear of native uprisings.
- Third Rome Content Pack: Adds 48 new unit models to nations in and around the Russian borders.
- Added new Tsardom government type.
- Added new Principality government type.
- Added Veche Republic government type.
- Added Tsardom events.
|| Historical Research
|| Trin Tragula, EU4's content designer, on the process of historical research done with EU4 and its expansions
|| Bonus Development Diary
|| Sneak peek at features for 1.22, including Press Sailors subject interaction and changes for blockades, marches, Aristocracy ideas and Buddhism
|| The Russian Principalities
|| Trin Tragula, EU4's content designer, reveals setup changes in the Greater Russian region coming in 1.22
|| Russian and Cossacks Changes
|| New government types and abilities for the Russian regions in addition to new content for previous expansions
|| New government type comes with new abilities
|| Icons and Metropolitans
|| Jake elaborates on the expanded mechanics for the followers of the Orthodox faith
|| Custom Nation Designer and Achievements
|| Jake explains the novelties in the nation designer and introduces new achivements (from his balcony)
|| Third Rome Update
|| The Third Rome (1.22) changelog
|| Changing of the Guard
|| Anna "Anona" Norrevik on changes within the team and introduction of the new project lead Linda "Fogbound" Tiger
|| EU4 Sound Effects
|| David, the sound designer, on complementing the EU4 interface with the right sound effects
- ↑ Forum, Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome", 2017-05-12
- ↑ Forum, EU4 - Development Diary - 13th of June 2017, 2017-06-13