Stellaris is a sci-fi grand strategy game set 200 years into the future. It is being developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive.
It is Paradox Development Studios's first new major IP in 10 years.
Stellaris has been released on May 9, 2016 at 18:00 CEST.
- Discovery Events – Emergent Storytelling.
- Deep & Varied Exploration.
- Enormous procedural galaxies, containing thousands of planets.
- Vast number of unique random species.
- Advanced Diplomacy system.
- Ship Designer (even civilian ships can be customized).
- Stunning space visuals.
- Multiplayer support for upwards of 32 players (no real limit apart from map size). One player per empire,according to dev comments in Diary 23.
Beside the Standard Edition, Stellaris is available with premium content:
- The Nova Edition includes all the content of the standard edition, plus the Digital Original Soundtrack, an Arachnoid exclusive alien race and a Nova forum icon.
- The Galaxy Edition includes all the content of the Nova Edition, plus the Digital Collector’s Book, the Stellaris: Infinite Frontiers novel by Steven Savile (e-book), an exclusive forum avatar and Galaxy icon, as well as a signed wallpaper.
Pre-orders include the Creatures of the Void DLC portrait pack, ringtones and message alert sounds, and a Blorg forum avatar.
The sign-up campaign, Project Augustus, ran from March 16 through April 2, 2016. It consisted of a click game that unlocked cosmetic content DLCs: a Platypus alien portrait, a flag and empire symbols packs, as well as a forum icon and forum avatars. These DLCs bonuses were freely released in Patch 1.1.
Developer diaries are articles, sometimes accompanied by videos, published by Paradox to describe the game design in detail.
Official Stellaris websites
Stellaris in the news
- PC Gamer
- PC World
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Digital Trends
- PC GamesN
- Gamasutra - Postmortem: Paradox Development Studio's Stellaris