- Unique mechanic for Dutch Republics, balancing the Orangists vs the Statists.
- Merchant Republics can now place trading posts in each tradenode, to boost their tradepower.
- New Diplomatic Action against Elective Monarchies, to support Heirs of own dynasty in that realm, giving power, prestige & legitimacy bonus if they win.
- New action for Elective Monarchy to support their own noble for the throne.
- Lots of new events for Dutch Republics, Merchant Republic Factions, Elective Monarchies & Dictatorships.
- Dictatorships are now special cases in a Republic when tradition goes too low, and can then last the rest of that rulers life.
- National Focus: Change priority on power from 3 in each category to +5 in one, and +2 in the others.
- Fixed government change to NOT cost legitimacy.
- Elections now use scaled republican tradition.
- Added Oligarchic Republic as a new, basic republican government form.
- The new category of dictatorship added, that is treated as a republic if Res Publica is not enabled.
- Merchant Republics no longer get +10 tradepower.
- Constitutional Monarchy lost the prestige decay bonus and instead got -5 years on nationalism.
- Enlightened despotism no longer gets -5% core cost, but instead -10% accepted culture threshold.
- Administrative Republics lost their tolerance bonuses, and instead got -10% Culture Conversion Cost & -5 years on nationalism.
- Republics no longer become Monarchies at 0 Republican Tradition. Instead, they have a chance to become a Dictatorship if they fall below 40 RT, with the chance depending on how low it is.
- Merchant Republics now have 3 different factions. Aristocrats, Traders & Guilds,
- Legitimacy will no longer be set to 0 when changing governments.
- Countries that become dictatorships will return to previous government form when the dictator dies.
- Removed the legitimacy penalty for changing governments.
- Removed manpower impact from production size, to be tied to increased by 5% from each military tech.
- Ships trying to break a blockade to flee a port will now return back to that port if defeated.
- Fleets attempting to break blockades will, if they retreat, retreat back to port.
- Can no longer detach blockade fleet of 0 subunits.
- Annul treaty now lasts 10 years.
- Truce length now scales to the amount of warscore taken in the peace, from 5 years at white peace to 15 years at 100% warscore.
- Call for peace is now applied to all attackers.
- Winning an independence war no longer gives Imperial Authority.
- Merchant Republics now have a slightly harder time diplovassalizing.
- Merchant Republics are now very difficult to diplovassalize.
- Can now diplovassalize without having a royal marriage.
- Having a royal marriage now gives a bonus to acceptance when diplovassalizing.
- Can no longer use Claim Throne on countries with a different dynasty.
- Enforce Peace option will now properly account for Current Wars and will be disabled if they cannot join the war. It will also tell the reason why.
- Opinion malus for different religion is now reduced by positive tolerance.
- Native vassals migrating will make overlord discover province.
- Selling provinces now results in the seller getting inflation at the same rate as from gold taken in peace.
- WE loss calculation from peace deals is no longer 100x what it should be.
- Fixed issue when offering renouncing cores in peaceoffer would cost diplo points for the renouncer.
- Having a regency council will no longer prevent independence wars.
- Declaring independence war no longer gives massive AE.
- Minimum relations for Support Independence is now -25.
- HRE electors vassals is now considered under control of the overlord is in alliance.
- IA no longer gained when princes convert to the Emperor's religion.
- IA is once again lost when princes convert away from the Emperor's religion.
- Marketplace and Canal are now +2 trade power instead of +1.
- Customs House is now +10 trade power instead of +5, and also adds +2 trade value.
- Culture Conversion is now twice as long as default, but culture conversion cost modifiers can reduce it.
- Overextension over 100% now increases revoltsize by multiplying with OE.
- Peasant rebels will no longer change a country's government when they win.
- Capped tolerance towards heretics and heathens at +3.
- Conversion Zeal no longer disappears on conquest of province.
- Hindu republicans can now set new deity when a new ruler has been elected.
- Rebalanced and added decisions across religions to make sure they have similar chances to get high missionary strength.
- Countries that are 50% or more apart in tech speed can no longer set each other as rivals.
- Countries that have chosen you as a rival are now always available to be set as a rival.
- Can no longer buy provinces from or sell provinces to rivals.
- Powerprojection added when vassalising rivals, or fully annexing them.
- Fixed a bug where potential rivals being calculated wrongly when handling countries with overseas provinces
- Powerprojection will also be added when annexing rivals.
- Being bankrupt now decreases settler growth by 200.
- Can no longer colonize provinces that are adjacent to non-core provinces if they are outside colonial range.
- Colonists will now be cancelled when country is annexed. The colony will belong to the annexer.
- Implemented impact of wars on the underlying monthly score, so lost wars against higher ranked countries with high peacescore are bad for you, while winning wars are good.
- Now get a 25% penalty to monthly score for each rival not set.
- Centers of Trade now provide 100% more tradepower and naval forcelimit.
- Countries now get +20% production efficiency for being ahead of time in Production technology.
- Countries now get +20% trade efficiency for being ahead of time in Diplomatic technology.
- Removed power point penalties from all tech groups.
- Neighbour bonus is now +5% per level, and can now reach up to 75% off, to let late westernisers have a chance to catch up.
Ideas & policies
- Added 3 new ideagroups. Humanism, Influence & Maritime
- Tweaked numerous policies that were too strong or too weak.
- Moved and removed policies to make sure the MP groups and idea groups have equal amounts.
- Colonial settlement act now gives +1 colonist instead of +10 settler growth.
- Colonial expansions now gives +10 settler growth instead of +1 colonist.
- Reduced legitimacy & republican tradition from policies.
- Added lots of new policies connected to the new Ideagroups.
- Reworked some national ideas to use the new modifiers.
- Moved some ideas around.
- Grand Army is now 20% land forcelimits (down from 25%)
- National Conscripts is now 10% faster regiment recruitment speed instead of +25% global manpower.
- Consolidated infantry, cavalry and artillery cost ideas in Quantity into a single regiment cost idea.
- Added ideas to Quantity: Forced Labor System (-20% building power cost) and Expanded Supply Trains (-10% land attrition).
- Swapped names on Maritime and Naval to be more appropriate to their ideas.
- Renamed Cordial attitude to Defensive.
- Effect of 'Desires your provinces' is now scaled down for countries that are weaker than the country whose provinces they want to conquer.
- AI will now form Scandinavia when it can do so.
- Fixed an exploit where you could call the AI into wars you know they will dishonor in order to get a CB on them.
- AI: Should now be harder to fool with cancelled moves.
- AI: Will now never revoke embargos against countries they are at war with.
- AI: Better at converting Pagan provinces
- AI: Higher prio on production buildings in gold provinces.
- The AI should now be much better at building buildings, repaying loans, and saving money.
- Fixed display bug where wants your provinces was showing the wrong (far too large) number in some cases.
- Tweaked AI priority for Declaration of Indulgence act.
- Improvements to recruit AI.
- AI now knows when to use unfocused NF.
- General improvements to budget AI.
- Fixed an issue with budget AI that was preventing AI from building ships.
- Fixed some issues with budget AI that was crippling AI armies.
- AI: Will no longer subsidize a country they want to weaken or is in a coalition against under any circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing AI from using trade fleets.
- AI: More willing to spend legitimacy to boost a local noble if current ruler is foreign in Elective Monarchy.
- AI: Less willing to spend legitimacy to boost a local noble if current ruler is local in Elective Monarchy.
- Fixed inconsistency between call ally screen and actual AI response.
- Manually calling the AI to a war where you know they will refuse will now result in a huge trust hit.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would refuse to make peace despite being offered all of its demands.
- AI: Will no longer give provinces in peace to countries that have 'leader may negotiate' unchecked.
- AI: Should no longer desire random scattered provinces inside a country.
- AI: Will no longer set allies as rivals if keep alliance AI preference is on.
- AI: Will no longer assault at low morale.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would continously move between two adjacent provinces while supporting a siege.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would prioritize blockading straits it had no strategic reason to blockade.
- Trade interface is now updated when stuff happens(cached). The merchant chosen will get sent( not the first available). Removed unused elements. The button when a merchant is present is now a toggle and will change between collect and tra...
- Factions view can now handle custom factions.
- Fixed alignment of faction button when HRE & Papacy are visible.
- Heir box now shows when next election is for republics with elections.
- Government tooltip no longer shows when next election is.
- Tooltip for possible policies is now shown when hovering over ideagroup name.
- Player Mapmode now colors in subjects in players color as well.
- Added alert for when your country will become junior PU partner on monarch death.
- If you have no deity selected, there will be an alert notifying you.
- Annex & Integreate now says unknown instead of never if below 15 DIP at start.
- Fixed base tax of annexed nation not being displayed in diplomatic annexation screen.
- Republican tradition not displayed as percent in tooltip.
- Rival selection now has a tooltip if you cannot change rival.
- Cleanup of tooltip and values for navies in rival selection.
- Can see the rival selection screen without being able to change rival.
- An error message will now popup if an error occurred during the save-progress.
- Global settler increase no longer displayed as percentage.
- Possible policies always shown when hovering idea group light bulb.
- Ctrl-selecting will now select only ships.
- The ingame menu are now closed after a successfull save.
- When you declare independence war, game will no longer tell you that the monarch has died.
- Correct naval leader icon is displayed in end of combat window.
- changed phrasing when vassalizing in peace offer brings taker into war.
- Siege units will now properly been removed from map even though the camera is not there upon removal.
- War exhaustion in countryecononmyview will now longer skip to next row when large
- Made debug memory info in CEU4Application::LoadDatabases available to modders
- Additional triggers can now be scripted for all diplomatic actions
- Exported WESTERN_POWER_TICK_MIN to defines
- Factions are now tied directly to a government form, and activeted/deactivated when switching governemnt.
- Changed GetAdjective to return adjective unmodified rather than force lowercase and GetAdjectiveCap to return adjective with the first letter capitalized.
- Added new modifiers: build_power_cost, global_ship_repair,vassal_forcelimit_bonus, years_of_nationalism, accepted_culture_threshold, culture_conversion_cost, diplomatic_annexation_cost and ship_durability.
- Added national_focus = mil/dip/adm trigger.
- Added trigger has_foreign_heir = yes/no
- Added trigger ruler_is_foreigner = yes/no
- Added trigger heir_nationality =tag/root/etc...
- Added triggers has_ruler_flag/had_ruler_flag.
- Added add_ruler_flag/clr_ruler_flag which sets/clears country flags that last until ruler death.
- Added effect add_scaled_republican_tradition which adds/takes republican tradition scaled to your election cycle.
5 new achievements
- “Vasa or Wettin?” - Get a ruler of your dynasty on the throne of Poland while they are elective.
- “Sinaasappel!” - Get Orangists in power with 100% Republican Tradition, and owning a province in China.
- “One King to Rule!” - As Poland, become an absolutist monarchy, and abolish the Sejm.
- “Venetian Sea” - 90% Tradeshare in Alexandria & Constantinople as Venice, with less than 10 cities
- “The Iron Price” - Restore the Danelaw to danish rule, and make it danish culture.
- Created decisions to reform a monarchy into Merchant/Noble republic.
- Forming Spain now requires ownership and core of the Granada province, not the destruction of the Granada nation.
- Reduced reform desire impact of Heretico Comburendo Act.
- Move capital to Warszawa decision now gives 20 prestige instead of 100.
- Fixed check for Granada's absence in decisions to form Spain.
- Forming Spanish nation militarily now requires core on Granada province.
- Tweaked decision to form Spain.
- Simplified all nation formation decision triggers to use own_core_province.
- Added heretic tolerance to Unified Islam.
- Added events alerting affected nations to Funji forming.
- Replaced decisions for denouncing or embracing neo-confucianism with event choosing between the two.
- Increased MTTH for Hindu festival events.
- Fixed Military Funding having wrong description for some events.
- War of the Roses no longer happens if England is the lesser partner in a personal union.
- flavor_bur.7 will no longer release provinces back to Burgundy
- The Parliament of Västerås can now only trigger if the Protestant reformation has started.
- Fixed appearance of Imperial Authority events.
- Poland can now turn elective monarchy as soon as they are out of their regency, by event.
- Pacifying the Sejm will change the government away from Elective to Absolute Monarchy.
- Sejm complying to your policies will now happen 50% of the time instead of 5% of the time.
- Fixed American election events.
- Tweaked events that create a royal marriage to only target allied AI nations.
- Sikhism no longer spreads by Nanak's travels to religious centers (event-triggered Sikh Mecca averted).
- Trade Company Unhappy no longer triggers if you are at war with the nation they want to claim the province from.
- American Dream DLC events can now trigger from a Thirteen Colonies in revolt.
- dutch_colony_in_south_africa now checks that the provinces are empty.
- French missions now gives less army tradition.
- AI Russia will no longer get missions on India/Indonesia unless westernized.
- Added a fire pip to Schwarze Reiter.
- White Coats and Frederickan Infantry are no longer identical.
- Pskov and Tuscany are now oligarchic republics.
- Changed Socotra to Coptic.
- Brightened Uesugi's map color.
- Ottoman armies and fleets now have language-appropriate names instead of English ones.
- Fixed wrong Flute ship names in English and German.
- Fixed Hungarian provinces being occupied by Transylvania in history files while the latter did not exist.
- Fixed Venezuelan flag.
- Changed Armenia, Funj and east African provinces to Coptic.
- Change several provinces to Ibadi to fit historical records.
- Poland now starts with Feudal Monarchy before 1447.
- Added strait between Tsimshian and Tlingit.
- Fixed Mahican primary culture
- Qing can no longer form from rebels unless it has been formed by Manchu first.
- Changed references to policies being "redacted" to "repealed".
- Fixed Hinduism-Sikhism conversion.
- Anti-Christian Edict no longer remains when nation changes to a Christian religion.
- Land units will no longer have large bounding volumes.
- Army maintenance will no longer be exponential related to the slider.
- SetSprite will no longer crash when given an invalid texture (will assert instead).
- Units will no longer get exiled when starting/joining an offensive war if on the territory of allies or in uncolonized territory.
- Fixed issue with powerprojection not being added on certain case of annexation.
- Fixed a bug where the tooltip for rebel enforce demands-progress gave a incorrect number.
- Fixed remaining references to Fervor as "Fanatic".
- Fixed typos and similar errors in localization.
- Fixed potential OOS in AI strategy.
- Fixed some bad gui layout in government change.
- When declaring independence, a country will no longer be free from the current wars IF they are the original defender.
- Savemenu should now close after saving the game.
- Succession wars can no longer put the target as one of the main claimants.
- Fixed current heir being loaded properly in elective monarchy.
- Detaching blockade fleets will not detach transports with attached units.
- Fixed bug in corruption event triggers that prevented them from correctly detecting advsisor type.
- Fixed issue when switching between trade and privateering, unit would cancel all movement.
- Transfer trade power from other countries now applies to only the giver in the peace deals(bug).
- The right religious icons are now shown in the tolerance section of the religion interface.
- Fixed curly brace in event flavor_hab.3099 being a parenthesis.
- Fixed cancel trade power message reversing the tags of the nations involved.
- Fixed arrows pointing incorrectly in part 3 chapter 2.
- Peaceview will now update the prestige gain properly when contries are selected as vassals( Treaties removed from offer).
- Trade interface will now properly update when node is switched.
- Removed old vassal income base value from subjects view and economy view. Visuals only.
- Fixed we break alliance message that pops up when relation faulters.
- Loading a corrupt savegame will now bring up a error dialog.
- Culture triggers should no longer cause a CTD from incorrect culture
- Colonies will now transfer trade power if loading a 1.5-savegame.
- Removed old DirectorySettings stuff from files
- Fixed potential CTD in the subject view.
- Fixed CTD when forming nation and getting less diplomats.
- Fixed bug when vassalizing emperor and declaring war would start unending war.
- Fixed support independence of vassal modifiers to properly decay.
- Fixed fix for not being able to cancel transfer trade power without Wealth of Nations.
- Fixed a bug where the AI could invite non-native countries to a federation.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would make suicidal invasions due to counting all enemy units in the area as friendly.
- Change startdate buttons disabled when disabled should.
- Spoils of war in economy no longer displayed as "peace"(?!) and accounted in total income.
- Fixed issue with natives being able to form into non-available government types.
- Fixed special case in war where giver nor taker in peace deal is warleader, it would ignore checking if they can receive provinces.