新建建筑需要有空余的建筑槽位，部分建筑可随着科技提升。 升级建筑无需额外的建筑槽位，而是使用原有建筑的槽位。 一个城市最多能有12个建筑槽位，然而只存在11个可建筑种类.
。 提示 大学可以认为不占有建筑槽位。如果省份没有可用建筑槽位，大学会占据它将要提供的建筑槽位（1.15版本之前玩家需要拆除一个建筑为大学腾出位置，大学建造完再重新建造原有建筑）。
例子：如果“巴黎”是 法兰西的一个田地城市，有着温和的气候和 32点发展度，则：
|−15%||当 雅各宾派 在 革命共和制国家掌权时|
|−15%||with Seize Clerical Holdings action as Feudal Theocracy|
|−10%||当 恒河女神作为君主的守护神（ 印度教国家专属）|
|−10%||当 斯洛特拉作为君主的守护神（ 北欧神话国家专属）|
|−10%||当 文官派系在 天朝掌权时|
|−10%||当 行会派系在 商业共和制国家掌权时|
|−5%||当帝国改革“要求改革”通过后 （ 神罗成员国专属）|
|−20%||特兰西瓦尼亚的黄金时代||特兰西瓦尼亚 事件 (only with Art of War enabled): “特兰西瓦尼亚的黄金时代”||持续15年|
|−20%||斐迪南一世的工程建设|| 托斯卡纳 事件: “斐迪南一世的工程建设”
|−10%||伊丽莎白·威尔布拉汉|| 英格兰 / 大不列颠 事件: “伊丽莎白·威尔布拉汉”
|−10%||汉萨经济改革|| 吕贝克 事件: “Tagfahrt”
|−10%||米马尔·希南|| 奥斯曼 事件: “米马尔·希南的伟大建设”
|−5%||建筑工资|| 殖民国家事件 (仅在 Conquest of Paradise 开启时可用): “建筑工人工资法律”
|+10%||造币|| 革命灾难事件: “破产之路”
|+20%||柏林人民不满停息|| 勃兰登堡 事件: “柏林人民不满”
The Defense type building (fort) has a base construction time of 30 months. Forts resist enemy occupation and must be sieged down. They also hinder enemy movement in the surrounding provinces during war, and reduce devastation in neighboring provinces.
All forts require an ongoing monthly upkeep of Fort maintenance which becomes higher depending on the fort's level. It is recommended to mothball forts during peace times in order to get -50% Fort maintenance (can be done on a per fort basis).
All manufactories cost 500 ducats, have a base construction time of 60 months and provide +1 local goods produced. A manufactory can only be built in a province which has its associated trade goods present.
|农场||6||谷物、 牲畜、 酒类|
|海军装备厂||11||鱼类、 船具、 盐|
|纺织厂||11||布料、 燃料、 丝绸、 羊毛|
|种植园||14||可可、 咖啡、 棉花、 谷物、 糖类、 烟草|
|贸易公司||14||皮毛、 熏香、 象牙、 奴隶、 香料|
|Mill||16||瓷器、 宝石、 玻璃、 纸张、 热带木材|
所有的土著政体的建筑费用为50 金币，基础建筑时间为 12个月。每个国家的每一种唯一建筑仅能建造一次，在完成改革政府体制后将失去所有的土著建筑。
- 当你考虑大规模铺建筑时，建议点选 经济理念组，并将其与政策相结合，以缩减建筑成本。
- 值得记忆的一点是，除了 本地自治度，省份的收入也会受到 文化和宗教的影响。
Buildings' positioning can have great effect on return of investment. It is thus recommended to build the following building types in the appropriate provinces:
- Most buildings provide a percentile bonus. As such, it's best to prioritize building them in state provinces with high development value and with no or extremely low local autonomy. e.g., trade buildings in provinces with modifiers benefiting local trade power.
- Buildings providing a flat bonus are best built in territorial provinces as they won't be affected from the high autonomy or in state provinces with low development values.
- While less beneficial to all types of development, coupling a building with the right estate can boost a single type of development very high (estates negate local autonomy on some modifiers depending on the estate).
- Manufactories increase local goods produced, which in turn also increase both the province trade value and its production income. In addition, coupling them with production buildings in state provinces with high value trade goods will generate high production income.
- Manufactories are not affected by autonomy, culture, and religion as other buildings. Thus, they can be built even in high autonomy provinces. While the generated production income may not be at its fullest, they can still return the investment when also taking into account the generated trade income.
- Prioritize building forts in provinces with mountainous terrain (or similar) or those with low supply limit to couple them with the local defensiveness and high attrition bonuses. If possible, they should be built mostly in border provinces and mothballed until needed. With Patch 1.18, besieging armies take attacker penalties from terrain even when defending, making forts on mountains and other defensive terrain especially useful as long as they can be relieved before falling to an enemy force.
Considering that buildings cost money, their cost-benefit ratio should be considered. Thus, an important step is to know when not to invest in a building type:
- Trade buildings should be avoided in trade nodes dominated by the nation.
- Army/Navy buildings should be avoided if the nation maintains large forces and there are no nations of similar or stronger power.
- Due to forts' initial high cost and ongoing fort maintenance, it's best to avoid building them in the inner provinces of the nation where they are far from enemy borders and forces. If the area is prone to rebellions, several low level forts might be more successful in slowing the rebels down until other forces arrive.
- If playing as a native tribe and planning to migrate, it is not advisable to build buildings unless necessary for immediate survival, as buildings are destroyed upon migration.
Is borrow-to-build worthwhile
Is it worthwhile to take out loans in order to construct a certain building? Or, equivalently, if there is an on-going loan, should the loan be paid off first before initiating on any construction project? Just like in real life, theoretically, the answer is yes if the income provided by the building per year divided by the sum of build cost and interest accrued during construction is higher than interest per annum. This can be the case for highly developed provinces or for manufactories in a highly productive province that produces expensive trade goods. (For manufactories, the player should also include trade income.) However, the player would also need to make sure there is enough income to pay off the loan before inflation gets out of hand. A safe guide is whether the income before constructing the building is able to cover the principal part of the loan within a reasonable time frame.
When will increased income cover building costs
The increase in income is dynamically influenced by provincial and national modifiers such as tax efficiency, production efficiency as well as the development in the province, all of which are bound to increase as technology progresses. Therefore, early game, whether a building will pay for itself is not usually the question. The question is how long and thus if the ducat can be better spent elsewhere. The following table lists the required increase in monthly income (displayed in-game in the building interface) for a certain number of years before the building breaks even.
|Years before break-even||Required monthly income increase|
The benefits of manufactories are two-fold: one is through local production; another is through trade collection. Trade collection is influence by multiple factors: price of trade good, trade company bonus, player's share in trade power where the goods value is collected, and whether there is any transferring bonus (if collected in a downstream trade center). Assuming no trade company and 100% share in trade, the required increase in monthly income (displayed in-game in the building interface) for a certain number of years before the building breaks even is listed as follows.
The required income is higher for a given schedule if the player cannot fully collect on the value of the trade goods. At the same time, any Trade efficiency bonus reduces the required monthly income increase or bring closer the time the building breaks even.
As with other buildings, the increase in income from manufactories also scales with game progress although with the added sensitivity to the price of trade goods. Certain trade goods decrease in value late in the game. See Trade Goods Strategy.
- Specified in .
- Specified in and respectively.
- Assuming no share in trade
|行政||首都 • 核心 • 文化 • 宗教 • 叛乱 • 自治度 • 省份列表|
|经济||发展度 • 税收 • 生产 • 建筑 • 人力 • 水手|
|概括||建筑 • 殖民 • 贸易 • 产品 • 贸易节点 • 贸易公司|
殖民领 • 发展度 • 税收 • 生产 • 过度扩张 • 厌战度